Nesaea Pedicellata ‘Golden’ features greenish golden leaves that run down a pinkish red stem hence its name. Native to West Africa, this aquatic plant has been in the trade for some time and is a nice pop of color when used in a planted aquarium. This aquatic plant is quite hardy and can grow well in different water parameters but prefers a temperature of 70-78 degrees, Fahrenheit. In order to bring out intense coloration, medium to high lighting should be provided along with a nutrient dense aquarium soil and fertilizing routine. As there are very few golden colored aquatic plants, Nesaea Pedicellata Golden is a gem and a beautiful way to add a diverse palette of colors into a planted aquarium.
Propagation is similar to other aquatic stem plants and can be gently trimmed and replanted into aquarium soil. Frequent trimming should be performed to encourage and produce bush-like growth.
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium. Unstable parameters will result in melt and rotting of the aquarium plant.
- Aponogeton grows fairly large making this aquarium plant suitable for larger planted aquariums.
- If received in a pot, please remove all rock wool from the roots. Where possible we try and ship without pots or rockwool. Due to them being non-biodegradable we prefer to propagate in an environmentally conscious way.
- CO2 will generally yield better growth rates.
- Stables water conditions are a must, changes should occur over a period of time in order to reduce chances of melting etc.